Welcome back, Barron Park! I hope you have had a wonderful summer break.
This year Elizabeth Gardner will be serving as the PTA President, supported by many amazing people in our Barron Park Elementary community. Check out the PTA Board to find the list of roles and volunteers. If you’re interested in playing a bigger part in our school, learn more about getting involved or simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to know who edits the eNews letter or coordinates after-school activities? Or, perhaps you’ve spotted a mistake on the website. Find out who to contact on the PTA Board page.
On behalf of the Barron Park PTA, we are so pleased to welcome everyone back to our awesome, inclusive school.
What is PTA? Connecting families and schools for more than 115 years, Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is the nation’s largest volunteer child advocacy association. PTA’s mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. Find out more at capta.org.
What does the PTA do at Barron Park? The PTA is an essential partner in serving all of our students and parents. We provide financial support in the form of classroom supplies, scholarships, teacher grants, and programs. We also sponsor and organize community events. This financial and organizational support is vital to the mission and vibrant culture of Barron Park Elementary School.
How can I get connected?
- Activate your Konstella account and download the app. Check your email for an invite to join this site through which you can communicate with your child’s class and the PTA, sign-up to help, make donations, and more.
- Stay up to date with our E-News sent every Friday morning.
- Check your child’s backpack for fliers sent home in their Friday folder.
- Attend a PTA meeting. In addition to our two general membership meetings, anyone is welcome at our monthly executive board meetings. Check the calendar at barron.pausd.org for dates.
How can you get involved?
- Attend school events, meet other families, and become part of the community. Add events to your calendar by syncing with our Google Calendar (email@example.com) or by using the Konstella app.
- Join the PTA and make a contribution to our Fall Fundraising Drive. (Information enclosed in this packet and online at tinyurl.com/BPFallFundraising)
- Volunteer roles are still available for the 2018-2019 school year. Go to our Konstella site to learn more and sign-up.
- Mark your calendar for our annual dinner and auction on Saturday, March 16, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Looking forward to an amazing year!!
Nakia @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Barron Park PTA President
Ana @ email@example.com
Barron Park PTA Vice President