Welcome back, Barron Park! I hope you have had a wonderful summer break.
This year Elizabeth Gardner will be serving as the PTA President, supported by many amazing people in our Barron Park Elementary community. Check out the PTA Board to find the list of roles and volunteers. If you’re interested in playing a bigger part in our school, learn more about getting involved or simply send an email to email@example.com.
Need to know who edits the eNews letter or coordinates after-school activities? Or, perhaps you’ve spotted a mistake on the website. Find out who to contact on the PTA Board page.
Come join us for a Kinder & New Family Summer Play Date where you can meet new families, share experiences and have the children meet each other in a non-school setting before school starts in August.
We will provide some snacks and drinks, and feel free to bring games and toys for the kids to play!
Saturday July 27, 2-4pm at Bol Park Playground
Sunday August 11, 2-4pm at Barron Park Elementary School Playground
Thu Oct 11, 6:30 – 7:30PM, 25 Churchill Ave., SDC Room
Dr. Forsell will address the use of digital devices and screentime in the home. She will share ways to use media thoughtfully and how to set technology boundaries with your children. There will also be time to discuss whether your child is ready for a smart phone.
- Free Childcare of potty-trained children.
- Interpretation in Mandarin and Spanish
- Light snacks provided
On behalf of the Barron Park PTA, we are so pleased to welcome everyone back to our awesome, inclusive school.
What is PTA? Connecting families and schools for more than 115 years, Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is the nation’s largest volunteer child advocacy association. PTA’s mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. Find out more at capta.org.
What does the PTA do at Barron Park? The PTA is an essential partner in serving all of our students and parents. We provide financial support in the form of classroom supplies, scholarships, teacher grants, and programs. We also sponsor and organize community events. This financial and organizational support is vital to the mission and vibrant culture of Barron Park Elementary School.
How can I get connected?
- Activate your Konstella account and download the app. Check your email for an invite to join this site through which you can communicate with your child’s class and the PTA, sign-up to help, make donations, and more.
- Stay up to date with our E-News sent every Friday morning.
- Check your child’s backpack for fliers sent home in their Friday folder.
- Attend a PTA meeting. In addition to our two general membership meetings, anyone is welcome at our monthly executive board meetings. Check the calendar at barron.pausd.org for dates.
How can you get involved?
- Attend school events, meet other families, and become part of the community. Add events to your calendar by syncing with our Google Calendar (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by using the Konstella app.
- Join the PTA and make a contribution to our Fall Fundraising Drive. (Information enclosed in this packet and online at tinyurl.com/BPFallFundraising)
- Volunteer roles are still available for the 2018-2019 school year. Go to our Konstella site to learn more and sign-up.
- Mark your calendar for our annual dinner and auction on Saturday, March 16, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Looking forward to an amazing year!!
Nakia @ email@example.com
Barron Park PTA President
Ana @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Barron Park PTA Vice President
Please take a moment to browse the list of volunteer opportunities. Please refer to konstella for the latest list and current openings. If you are interested in a position, please sign-up.
Volunteering for a PTA role is a great way to make a big impact and stay connected to the school. The work of the PTA is critical to so much of what make Barron Park Elementary great. Only parents with executive board roles are required to attend a monthly board meeting which is typically a Friday morning from 8:30 – 9:30am.
If you have questions about any of the roles please contact Nakia Davis or Ana Hunter.